Saturday, June 2, 2012

Scored at Garage Sales Today! Leather Boots

Great finds at garage sales yesterday in Princeton.  As I do my usual Friday night ritual of reviewing all the garage sales in the neighborhood on one sheet so that I have my garage sale loops all organized, I noticed one said that it had lots of women's size 9 shoes.  Bingo, I am a size 9.  It was on a good street in Princeton, so I knew that I had to go to this garage sale early in my day to get the best deals.  I arrived at the garage sale and zoomed right in on the shoes.  Wow, I saw an amazing all leather (interior and exterior) gray boots.  I yanked my sneakers off,  pulled out my orthotics and slipped them in the leather boots.  On my feet they went, fit perfect, very comfortable, and very stylish.  I knew that these were $200 or more boots.  The sole said that they were Lavorazione Artigiana, okay, definitely Italian, the lady of the house was speaking French, so I knew that I was going to get a fabulous pair of boots.  I played coy, said I wanted them, kept looking around and found two more boots (a pair of Timberline leather boots, and a Sofft brand pair of leather boots with shearling inside.)  I made a big pile of stuff and asked for a price.  The French lady said she wanted $20 for the Lavorazione Artigiana, okay, didn't sound bad.  She then came up with a bigger price for everything and I negotiated everything down to $50!  

Here are my smashing new boots!  (If only it was wintertime.....)

I am in love with these boots!

You know how it goes, you search and search for the perfect pair of leather boots at an affordable price and don't find them.  My motto is, "patience, everything I want will show up at a garage sale, I don't know when or how long it will take, but that perfect item that I have been searching for will show up at a garage sale."

The next fabulous find was these three amazingly soft sheepskin rugs.  Guess how much?  You will not believe they were $1.00 each!  Here is a photo of one of the rugs.  I got cream, brown and white.  All for $3.00!  That was an amazing bargain!

As you can see Ruby loves the rug too.  I bet he will sleep there all night.  

There is nothing better than going Garage Sale(ing)!  It is so worth it, time and money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment